About Money Simple
Money Simple lets you see where your money goes, and identify strategies that can help you make your money work harder for you. Money Simple is streamlined and easy to understand.
Money Simple is brought to you in conjunction with Proviso. Proviso’s proprietary technology retrieves data from leading financial institutions. By signing up to Money Simple you authorise Credit Simple and Proviso to retrieve information available from your chosen financial institutions, using the credentials you provide.
The credentials you provide are used solely to retrieve data on your behalf. Your credentials are stored by Proviso with bank level 256-bit encryption, secured by 2048-bit keys.
Credit Simple and Proviso systems are independently tested and audited by external security experts. Data is encrypted using industry best practices.
We take your security very seriously. For enhanced security whilst using Money Simple you are required to provide your mobile number. A code will be sent to your mobile which you will need to enter when prompted to do so.
No, it is not possible to transfer money via Money Simple. You are only able to view information via Money Simple.
Simply log in to your Credit Simple account, go to the Money Simple page and follow the steps.
- Select your institutions
- Add your credentials
- Choose your accounts
- See your spend
No, you can add new institutions and accounts at any time via the Money Simple Manage Accounts page.
You can remove your accounts from Money Simple by navigating to the Money Simple Manage Accounts page and following the instructions.
Your information will be updated upon each log in to Credit Simple to keep your Money Simple information up to date for you.
You can view the available institutions via the institution drop down on the Money Simple page.
Managing your transactions
You can create nicknames for your categories via the Categories page. To do this:
- Go to the Categories page, accessible via on the right-hand side menu of Money Simple.
- Select the Category you’d like to nickname.
- Enter the nickname for your chosen category.
- Click the ‘Add nickname’ button.
Yes, you can change a provider’s category.
- Go to your Transactions page.
- Click on the transaction to view full details, then click ‘Change category’.
- Choose a revised category from the dropdown list.
- Click the submit button.
We are constantly reviewing the category assigned to providers and these may be changed at any time – however we will not change any transactions which you have recategorised.
Yes, you can customise your view of spending for a specific period.
To view spending for a specific period:
- Click ‘Filter your transactions’ at the top of either the Spend Tracker or Transactions pages.
- Under ‘Refine date range’, select the period over which you want to view your spending. Notice that you can put in a custom period.
- Click Refresh to see results.